Come be part of Resonate Global Mission's work in the Middle East! The Cohort is a year-long opportunity for an integrated group of young adults from North America and the Middle East to volunteer in various ministries alongside Resonate Global Mission workers. This position is a one-year volunteer commitment working with children.
You may serve in an orphanage or school, with children with special needs or with children who live in marginalized communities. You'll be providing an important service to individuals who are often neglected.
In this position, you'll have an opportunity for language learning and building cultural awareness, as well as building bridges in the community.
The ideal candidate for this area of work should have some of the following education or experience:
- Classes on special education
- Early childhood development
- Child care experience
- Social work
- Various therapy classes
- Love for children
- Have prayed about the opportunity
- Strong and growing relationship with God
- Openness to God's direction and leading
- Strong self-awareness
The start date is January 2019 or September 2019. All volunteers are required to attend a volunteer orientation in Burlington, Ontario, or Grand Rapids, Michigan. Pre-field reading is also required.
- Food: $3600/year (plus $1200 for hospitality)
- Accommodations: $3600/year (plus $1000 for lodging outside of country)
- On-field travel: $1095 for daily use / year (plus $1230 for travel to other Middle East countries)
- Ministry expenses: $480/year (plus $140 for mentor discussions)
- Administration supplies: $300/year
- Communication: $300/ year (plus your own phone and computer)
- Visa extensions: $320/year
- Missionary retreat: $800/year
- Cohort common fund: $2000
- Insurance: $600/year
- Language classes (if applicable): $2850/year
- Living allowance $540/year
- Airfare will vary depending upon departure city—two one-way tickets are needed.
The vision of the Cohort is to grow generations of Jesus-followers equipped and motivated to serve with and learn from communities in hard places. In this opportunity, you will be equipped and discipled for transformative lifelong missions alongside other young adults who are passionate about following Christ. You will form lifelong friendships as you train and serve together.