Do you want to see children, families, and communities thrive? Resonate partner Seeds of New Creation is searching for an assistant program coordinator who oversees and implements the Junto por el Buentrato program in schools throughout El Salvador. The Junto por el Buentrator program is preschool education program implemented by churches in marginalized communities that fills the education gap and introduces children and parents to Christ.
This position is part of Resonate's Cohort, a year-long opportunity for an integrated group of young adults from Central America and North America to volunteer in various ministries alongside Resonate ministry leaders and partners. As part of the Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
Learn more about the Cohort here.
- Visit the preschool education programs in the Central Zone of El Salvador to monitor and report their activities.
- Encourage, organize, and support the preschool education program volunteers as they provide preschool education to young children, including lessons in art, hygiene, and the Bible.
- Be a committed Christian in how you act and speak.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Be in good health with the ability to travel internationally.
- Due to the culture, we ask that the volunteer have no tattoos or tattoos that are easily covered.
- Be able to travel independently and be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Can speak and write Spanish.
- Have a clean criminal background check.
- Willing to follow safety and security guidelines.
- Love to work with young children.
- Experience in teaching children or education is helpful but not required.
Cost includes food, accommodations, on-field travel, ministry expenses, and airfaire. Cost will vary depending upon departure city and time of year. Additional costs may include passport, visa, immunications, and insurance.
Volunteers will be required to have pre-field orientation, as well as on-field orientation. Pre-field orientation takes place in Grand Rapids, Michigan, from May 29-31, 2019. The Nehemiah Center will provide on-field orientation on the history, culture, and religious traditions of Nicaragua.