Resonate Global Mission of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time opening for a Church and Leadership Developer in Haiti. The Church and Leadership Developer will provide servant-leadership to Resonate-Haiti, Sous Espwa, and Haitian partner ministries in order to encourage healthy and growing churches, effectively oversee and manage Resonate projects and programs, and nurture opportunities for North American partnership with local organizations.
Sous Espwa and Resonate-Haiti field administration
- Ensure completion of planning and reporting requirements for Resonate and Sous Espwa
- Ensure good stewardship of and reporting on Resonate financial resources according to CRCNA and Resonate requirements
- Provide care and encouragement of Resonate staff and volunteers on the Haiti field
- Perform all assigned Sous Espwa administrative roles (depending on team needs and decisions) such as participating in the leadership team, security team, in-country networking and constituency relations
- Coordinate with World Renew and Perspectives Réformées national leaders
- Empower other staff and volunteers to provide leadership and ministry within Sous Espwa through regular meetings and coordination
- Assure the Resonate-Haiti team is making appropriate connections with volunteers, support staff and North American churches so that ministry resources are available
- Connect and consult with Sous Espwa partners who are engaged in church growth, development projects, and church leader training
- In partnership with the Program and Partner Advisor, assure that the groundwork for healthy relationships with Resonate partners and associated ministries is present (partnership agreements, annual ministry plans, evaluations, relationships, etc.)
- Consult with Perspectives Réformées with regard to plans, reports, budgets and other Resonate-Haiti business.
- Partner with Perspectives Réformées to design and implement the annual worship conference
- Teach at seminaries and facilitate leadership development programs according to need and strategic interest
- In partnership with the General Secretary of the Christian Reformed Church of Haiti ( ECRH), oversee and report on church construction projects
Cultivating relationships within the North American support base
- Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support) for Resonate ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals
- Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner
- Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions
- Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise
- Communicate the nature and value of Resonate’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements
- Help recruit, organize, and host teams that come to learn about Haiti and support the CRCNA partnering ministries found there
- Develop church-to-church and church-to-community partnerships between North Americans and Haitians
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
- Deep spiritual maturity marked by personal integrity and Christian disciplines.
- Emotionally mature, friendly, and willing to work at developing cross-cultural relationships.
- Culturally sensitive; willing to try new cultural experiences for the sake of personal growth and an effective witness.
- Self-sacrificing; willing to look out for other’s interests and to engage in their lives, practicing Christ’s love.
- Willing to be a continual learner and self-reflective.
- A self-starter; able to initiate projects and relationships with people as needed.
- Able to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of perspectives, whether missionary or national; willing to seek out the assistance of others when needed.
- Able to become fluent in Haitian Kreyol and have at least working ability to read and understand French.
- Able to communicate well in both international and North American settings.
- Experience in human resource development and a general understanding of organizational development would be helpful.
- Post-graduate schooling in Biblical hermeneutics, theology, missiology, and pedagogy is preferred.
- At least three years of pastoral experience (either in the North American church or other national churches) is preferred.
- Cross-cultural experience is desired, with three or more years experience preferred.
We are searching to fill this position as soon as possible. To learn more about this position and/or to apply, click here—or fill out the contact form below. Someone from our team will be happy to tell you more about this position.