Work alongside Christian school teachers in South Africa. As the Christian Education Specialist, you will help local teachers and school administrators apply their faith to the school and classroom. Together, you will explore practical ways to teach using a Christian perspective, creating a lasting impact for generations to come.
- Christian Education Support & Development:
- Encourage the implementation of Educational Care materials throughout Southern Africa.
- Participate in the training of Christian school administrators to competently administer their schools in using Educational Care resources.
- Participate in the training of teachers to integrate a Biblical worldview into their teaching using Educational Care resources.
- Mentor and encourage key leaders in the Christian school movement in Southern Africa.
- Promote Christian Education resources in African and worldwide discussions of Christian education.
- Mentor new Christian Education Master Trainer(s).
- Collect Christian Education reports for the scorecard.
- Provide stories for prayer letters to donors and supporters.
- Regularly visit teachers in their school to observe and provide encouragement.
- Network and establish Christian education training throughout the region.
- Build up leaders annually in order to produce 10th Generation Master Trainers
- Identify and develop strategic ministry opportunities for short-term missionaries that utilize the skills and Strengths of the CRCNA in the development of Christian education.
- Work with country team leaders in the orientation, mentoring and supervision of volunteers while they are in Eastern and Southern Africa.
- Maintain regular correspondence with CRCNA churches and members about ministry activities and highlights, special projects and giving opportunities.
- Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
- Mature and growing Christian faith marked by personal integrity and Christian discipline; professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation or a congregation of a denomination in ecclesiastical fellowship with the Christian Reformed Church, and willing to sign the Covenant of Officebearers.
- Passion for Christian education.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions.
- Flexible and adaptable to African travel, communication, and living conditions.
- Demonstrated intercultural experience and competence.
- Self-motivated and proven quality administrative and organizational skills.
- Training and experience in cross-cultural ministry, preferably in an African context or in global missions.
- Fluency in English.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master’s degree in Education, or related field, preferred (completed or in progress).
- At least 3 years of experience in Christian Education (preferably in both classroom teaching and administration).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Working with infrequent electricity, hot and humid climate, limited internet.
The successful candidate for this position will pass through two intermediate steps before taking up the tasks outlined in this position description; the rate range for each step is included.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The pay range for this step is $19.82 - 23.31 US or $23.23 – $27.33 Canadian on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The pay range for this step is $35,546 - $41,819 US or $38,004 - $44,711 Canada on the CRCNA International scale.