Tesoros de Dios, translated as "God's Treasures," is a ministry in Managua, Nicaragua, that serves around 130 children with disabilities such as cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, hydrocephaly, and autism. Through programs and family support, Tesoros de Dios provides tools to help children reach their full potential physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually. The center is looking for a chaplain who will give much-needed emotional and spiritual support to students, staff, and family members (especially mothers).
Many of our children come from broken families with poverty and need. Aside from challenges that come with poverty, many mothers of our children have faced alcoholic and abusive husbands, infidelity, and lack of support from other family members. These things become increasingly challenging when trying to care for their children with disabilities.
Staff members also have their share of struggles at home, and many have had to make sacrifices in order to commit the majority of their time to serving our children and families. A little extra spiritual encouragement, mentorship, and counsel would go a long way in strengthening spiritual and emotional areas of life that are often otherwise overlooked or drained.
Finally, our children and teenagers need opportunities to learn more about God and grow in their faith. You will have an opportunity to help them grow spiritually by implementing Bible studies, devotionals, times of prayer, and more. Many of Tesoros de Dios' students don't attend church—it is through Tesoros de Dios and their families that they can learn more about God.
- Lead Bible studies with family mambers
- Lead morning staff devotionals
- Provide counseling to mothers, other family members, and staff
- Lead Bible studies for our teenagers and young adults
- Create opportunities for our students to gorw in their faith (through devotionals, retreats, serving others, etc.)
- Work alongside our church outreadh coordinator by offering strategies for people with disabilities in partnering churches to grow in their faith
- Mature Christian committed to Christ
- Ability to create and lead Bible studies
- Pastoral/Counseling experience (degree would be helpful, but not mandatory)
- Relational and respected (can easily build relationships and be trusted)
- Can understand and speak Spanish