Join Resonate missionaries Gil Suh and Justin Van Zee on a vision trip to Cambodia! Cambodia has a rich cultural heritage, but its modern history is tragic and dark. In Cambodia, a small number of Christians faithfully serve the Lord—and the church has been rapidly growing, especially among young adults. Mission efforts have been poured into the country with varying results. We can learn so much from the Christians of Cambodia.
“What is God doing in Cambodia? What are the positive and negative examples of mission efforts? What can the church in the West learn from Cambodian church in terms of evangelism, discipleship, and church planting?” Exploring these questions and more, you will be informed and inspired. You will visit historical sites, churches, and ministries while learning from Cambodian Christians and leaders. It's a great opportunity to explore your calling and the way in which we can apply lessons learned in Cambodia to ministry in Canada and the United States.
- This trip can provide a significant opportunity for you to discern your calling for cross-cultural ministry, especially to overseas settings like Cambodia.
- This trip will contribute to your theological. missional, and spiritual formation. As a group, we will engage with challenging topics such as the role of suffering, the problem of evil, impacts of globalization, and cultural contextualization with concrete examples from Cambodia's past and present.
- This trip will provide great cross-cultural experience. Cambodia is a tourist-friendly country with a lot to explore and learn. You will experience and learn from a variety of cultural values, practices, and rituals in a culture that is very different from your own. These experiences will provide opportunities to expand your cultural intelligence and humility.
- You will gain knowledge and experience for your own ministry context. In addition to learning from trained Resonate staff, you will see various ministry contexts and meet a diverse group of ministry leaders in urban and rural areas of Cambodia. You will learn from trained Resonate staff and local Christian leaders about the church and mission in Cambodia.
- Healthy and able to handle tropical climate with high temperature (90s). Most of indoor activities will be air conditioned though.
- No skills are necessary—but you'll need to be teachable, culturally sensitive, and adaptable.
- Approximate cost is $1200 for in-country expenses, plus the cost of airfare.
- Airfare will depend on departure city ($1500-1800).
- Cost does not include insurance, passport, or immunizations.