Music is a univeral language—it crosses cultural and linguistic boundaries. In this position, you will bring harmony to a classroom by sharing music and your musical knowledge with students. You will teach fourth, fifth, and sixth grade band students. The instruments include:
- Woodwinds (flutes, clarinets, and saxophones)
- Brass (trumpets, French horns, trombones)
- Percussion (drums, cymbals, maracas, and bells)
- String (violin, viola, cello, double bass, harp)
- This is a volunteer position in which you can serve anytime from one month to one year.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and maintains standards of classroom behavior
- Plans and implements lessons that, as much as possible, meet individual students needs, interests, and abilities
- Assess the accomplishments of students
- Direct and plan performances
- Bachelor of Arts in Music
- Experience teaching band
- Volunteer must be in good health and able to travel internationally
- Volunteer must attend orientation in Resonate Global Mission's office in Burlington, Ontario, or Grand Rapids, Michigan
Food: $15 per day
Accommodations: $1000 per month including utilities
On-Field Transportation: $200 per month
Ministry Expenses: $200
Administrative Supplies: $200
Visas and Extensions: $50+ depending on the length of stay
Airfare varies depending on departing airport and time of year.
Other expenses include passport, insurance, and immunizations.
One of the prime ministries of Resonate Global Mission is Educational Care (Caring for all God's children), which trains educators to integrate faith and learning by providing a holistic education that promotes students gifts besides academics. Further, through Educational Care, Resonate provides practical support for implementation of the Kenya vision and mission of the Basic Education Curriculum Framework (BECBF). This curriculum framework is geared toward developing engaged, empowered, and ethical citizens by nurturing the potential of every learner.