Nicaragua Christian Academy International in Managua, Nicaragua, has an urgen need for a qualified English teacher!
The English teacher will teach select classes in grades 7-12, most likely to include AP English Literature (12th grade), AP English Language (11th grade), English 10, English 7, and an elective class during the second semester.
Each of our English courses provide a comprehensive study of various aspects of English Language Arts, including literature, composition, grammar, and communications skills development. Classroom resources at all grade levels include literature anthologies, grammar textbooks, dictionaries and thesauri. We use “Write Shop I and II” for the writing process, “Wordly Wise 3000” for vocabulary, and “Easy Grammar Plus” as a supplement to these materials. To enhance the core curriculum, a number of selected novels are built into each class for reading and analysis. Descriptions of specific classes are provided below.
- Four-year degree in English, language arts, writing, education, or related field
- Teacher certification and two years experience preferred
- Evangelical Christian testimony with active local church experience
- Sense of calling to teach in a developing nation
- Willingness to make a three (or more) year commitment
- Full fluency and expertise in English; conversational Spanish preferred but not required
- Basic monthly stipend provided: $550 living stipend + $170 housing stipend
- Housing arrangements made by school
- Visa and residency costs while in the country
- Tuition discount for children
NCA International is a unique school with an exciting task in Nicaragua. NCA seeks to train up future leaders to demonstrate true servant leadership and make decisions based on the Word of God and a compassion for their country. Our vision is the formation of Christ-followers who, motivated by heartfelt love for God, live as global agents of change!