Serve children in La Yaguita de Pastor neighborhood of Santiago, Dominican Republic. This poor neighborhood, where the tuition paid by parents is approximately $7.00US per month, is a great way to use your gifts for education on the mission field.
- mentor and help teachers prepare lessons,
- develop curriculum,
- teach English classes
- communicate with the student's sponsors
- Successful candidate should have understanding and/or experience with ESL/ELL immersion strategies in the classroom
- Commitment time frame is at least one year from mid-August to June.
- Previous international teaching experience is a plus. Proficiency in Spanish and an education degree are necessary.
A local pastor, Ramon Jorge, started the school and has four high school graduates serving as teachers.
The church and school national leadership are stable, godly, and have a passion for their community. The focus is on Pre-School age children and also a "Sala de Tarea" (homework school) for children from the public school. There are two sessions of 43 students each day with a two-hour break at midday.