The Great Lakes regional staff team supports and resources all CRC campus ministries within our region through grants, encouragement, and ministry reviews. Christian Reformed Campus ministry seeks to bear witness to the renewing grace of Jesus Christ in a beautifully diverse, but complicated, world.
Campus ministries in the Great Lakes region:
- Ferris State University: Ferris State Campus Ministry - Big Rapids
- Grand Rapids Community College: Campus Ministry @ Grand Rapids Community College
- Grand Valley State University: Allendale Campus
- Michigan State University: Campus Edge Fellowship- East Lansing
- University of Michigan: Center for Faith and Scholarship and Campus Chapel - Ann Arbor
- Western Michigan University: Bronco Campus Ministry- Kalamazoo
Missional Leader Coaching
Connect with a coach:
Coaching is the process, guided by the Holy Spirit, of coming alongside ministry leaders, teams or groups to help them discern and realize God’s call for their life, leadership and ministry.
Who benefits from Coaching?
- Church Planters
- Campus Ministers
- Various ministry leaders
A testimony from Nate Visker, Spring Lake, MI - "Meeting with my coach helped me gain clarity around the role I play in my church. More importantly, it helped me identify next steps and tasks that needed to be achieved. Although I could have done some of this on my own, I know I wouldn't have. I found the perspective, encouragement, and accountability I needed to get me going again."
Train to be a coach:
The Great Lakes Regional Team offers an excellent two day Coach Training and also ½ day events to practice your coaching skills.
Home Missions Great Lakes Team partners with the Reformed Church in America to provide excellent coach training.
- Part one: Foundational Coach Training – two day event, offered periodically
- Part two: Coaching Triads – 6-9 months of hands-on experience
- Part three: Coaching Excellence – one day training to review and practice skills
Coach Refreshment Training
- Half day events to review and practice skills
- Learn about specific types of coaching
- Gather with other coaches for encouragement and support
- Sustaining Congregational Excellence grants
- Three month trial - Try coaching for three months for the price of one month. This is a savings of $200 over the regular cost of $100 per month. A limited number of three month trial experiences are available through the Great Lakes Team and Sustaining Congregational Excellence.
- Continuing Education funds provided from your local church
- Continuing Education funds through Pastor Church Relations
Contact our office to be connected to a coach or be trained as a coach: 616-224-0753
Deeper Journey is a two–year commitment to attend eight “three-day” retreats; to actively participate in a large community, in a small group community, and in communal worship; and to practice the disciplines and the rhythms between retreats.
The very nature of prayer and resourcing prayer encourages the joining together of prayer people and available resources that are compatible with the Reformed Faith and which have been proven and true.
Find the Prayer coordinator in your Classis:
- Timothy Holwerda: email@example.com
- GR East
- GR North
- Katy Spengler: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GR South
- Felicia Bud: email@example.com
- Mark VanDrunen: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steven Hasper: email@example.com
- Rev. Jim Halstead: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Erie
- Susan Vriesman: email@example.com
- N. Michigan
- Thornapple Valley
- Allan Vanden Berg: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership Training Annual Event
The Leadership Training Event is a widely popular event that provides training, networking, and inspiration for all area church leaders. It is our prayer that the wide variety of workshops and conversations will richly bless and equip ministry leaders for the ministry year.
This event is co-sponsored by VIS, Resonate Global Mission, and Calvin College.