Is God calling you to a leadership position in the Christian Reformed Church?
Resonate Global Mission has a full time opening for an agency director. This person might work out of either the Burlington, Ontario, or Grand Rapids, Michigan office.
If you or someone you know would be a good fit to lead Resonate, please prayerfully consider this position or share it using this link: www.resonateglobalmission.org/director.
If you have questions about the position or would like to make a recommendation, you can contact Mark Volkers, chair of the search committee, by emailing email@example.com.
The Director of Resonate will serve the church by articulating and enacting vision and strategy for Resonate, advancing the work of living and sharing the gospel in North America and throughout the world.
This position serves to lead Resonate staff and serve as the voice of Resonate with constituents, donors, agencies, and ministry partners. The ideal candidate will exemplify a strong, vibrant Christian faith with demonstrated skills in casting vision, thinking strategically, and acting as a decisive leader in a multicultural environment of staff who serve in more than 40 countries.
The Director is accountable for the overall implementation of Resonate’s synodical mandate to lead the denomination on mission. Key duties include setting staff structure, allocating resources, and achieving the organization’s goals.
Candidates must be a professing member of a Christian Reformed Church or willing to become a member, and sign a covenant statement agreeing with the doctrine of the church. Please pray for the leadership at Resonate as they search for the person God has called and equipped for this role.
Resonate Global Mission, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) has a full-time opening for a Director. The Resonate Director is accountable for overall implementation of the Synodical mandate to Resonate Global Mission as operationalized by the Joint Ministry Agreement between the Canada and U.S. corporations. Pursuant to the Joint Ministry Agreement, the Resonate Director sets staff structure, allocates resources and is accountable for the achievement of the intended goals. This individual will operate from either the Canada or US office.
Annual rate of pay for this position is $143,100 for USA or $137,600 for Canada
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, but not later than 5:00 pm (ET) December 2, 2022. The Search Committee may not be able to fully consider submissions after this date.
We do not discriminate based on disability, culture or ethnicity and welcome & encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Discern and articulate vision and strategy for Resonate together with senior staff leadership. Translate the strategy into plans, programs, budgets and staff structure.
- Ensure that the US and Canadian staff structure meets the requirements for direction and control in both countries and ensure compliance with the terms of the Resonate Joint Ministry Agreement.
- Serve as the voice of Resonate in its work of bringing the gospel throughout the world, promoting the agency’s work throughout all of the CRCNA and in the broader Christian community.
- Develop strategic partnerships to advance God’s mission through collaboration with the agencies, ministries, and educational institutions of the CRCNA.
- Lead Resonate Global Mission communications and fundraising effort in the public arena, especially with major donors.
- In partnership with Canadian and U.S. offices of Resonate maintain financial viability and integrity; and recommend annual plans and budgets to the Canada and U.S. corporations as well as alterations to either during the year.
- Support, and serve the COD in its tasks of discerning and articulating vision, mobilizing prayer for mission, and approving overall mission strategy.
- In partnership with Canadian and U.S. offices of Resonate, establish and maintain effective, efficient procedures, systems and structures to implement policies set by the COD to supervise all agency employees and volunteers.
- In partnership with Canadian and U.S. offices of Resonate assure recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, and evaluating of all Resonate Global Mission employees and volunteers within CRCNA guidelines.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with other entities, particularly: governments, regulatory agencies, associations of missions, and churches in countries within which Resonate serves other CRC agencies, CRC congregations and their members, other denominations and their members, other mission-related agencies, and the public.
- Advocate for the biblical vision for a diverse denomination through support for intercultural church and ministry development, for diversity in the Resonate staff, and for reconciliation and anti-racism plans and actions.
- Provide leadership direction for all CRC ministries through the Ministries Leadership Council (MLC) and ensure the integration of the Resonate Global Mission in that direction, and lead staff in integrated efforts to support the Denominational Ministry Plan and goals.
- Other tasks assigned.
Senior staff leadership and senior administrative assistant
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed Church congregation, or willing to become a member and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
- Commitment to Christ and the mission of his church.
- Demonstrated skills in casting vision and thinking strategically.
- Evidence of exemplary Christian character and of personal practicing the spiritual disciplines.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Be a proven, decisive, adaptive leader.
- Demonstrated attributes and skills as a leader and manager.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work with various cultures and age groups.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial reconciliation and anti-racism ministry, and to the growth of the CRC as a multicultural denomination.
- Able to travel extensively throughout both North America and the world.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree and preferably a postgraduate degree in an area related to Christian mission or organizational leadership.
- Theologically trained, or with equivalent ministry experience.
- Significant experience as a Christian missional leader, with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility.
- At least four years of inter-cultural experience with knowledge of at least one other culture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate is expected to work either out of the denominational offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan or in Burlington, Ontario.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Application Instructions: Please upload your resume and cover letter as one .pdf or .doc/.docx file.
About the Christian Reformed Church in North America
Who We Are
The Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) includes just over one thousand congregations across the United States and Canada. About 75 percent of the churches are in the United States and 25 percent are in Canada. While we're a denomination with churches and ministries in two countries, we share in the blessings of ecclesial unity and joint ministry. Almost 230,000 people belong to the CRCNA—not a large number when you consider the population of our two countries. But by God’s grace we can accomplish a lot when we work together.
The CRCNA denominational offices serve the local church, providing resources to pastors and congregations so that people are introduced to Jesus Christ and their faith is nurtured. Other agencies of the CRCNA include ReFrame Ministries, Resonate Global Missions, World Renew, and Congregational Ministries.
Be Who You Are
The CRCNA is committed to building a culture of belonging that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices and experiences of all our employees. We strive to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our broader culture and the Christian church, and invite all qualified candidates to apply.